How to measure angle bay window for blinds
Measuring an angled bay window for blinds can be a bit tricky, but with the right tools and technique, it can be done accurately. Here are the steps to measure an angled bay window for blinds:
- Start by measuring the width of the window at the top, middle, and bottom. Record the smallest measurement, as this is the measurement you will use to order your blinds.
- Next, measure the height of the window from the top of the window to the window sill. Measure in three places: the left side, the center, and the right side of the window. Record the smalest measurement, as this is the measurement you will use to order your blinds.
- Measure the angle of the bay window by using an angle finder. Place the angle finder on the window frame and adjust it until it matches the angle of the window. Record the angle measurement.
- Measure the depth of the window frame. Measure from the front of the window frame to the back of the recess. This measurement is important as it determines the type of brackets and fitting that will be used to install the blinds.
- Finally, double-check your measurements to ensure accuracy.
When ordering your blinds, provide the smallest width measurement, the longest height measurement, the angle measurement, and the depth of the window frame. This information will ensure that your blinds fit perfectly and look great in your angled bay window.